As a plus size woman myself, I always find it challenging to shop for clothes in plus sizes. Why? Let me fill you in about it!
It always seem like the variety is poor, the material is stretchy but not the most appealing, the fashion seems for appropriate for older women than younger ones and the right size is often not available.
Does it mean that online shopping may be easier to do then shopping in local stores? Here are a few things to consider before choosing what is the best way for you to shop and find what you really want to wear…for all types of occasions.
Disadvantages of shopping in person
Here are the kinds of disadvantages Plusisolatie kruipruimte vochtbestrijding that I have noticed about shopping in local stores.
1. The quantity of stores offering an inventory of plus size clothing for women is often limited and they are usually located far apart.
2. When a department store is offering a plus size clothing section, the sizes that are usually available do not have a lot of depth and the amount of clothes in each size is quite limited.
3. When you are shopping in a store that offers a plus size section amongst regular size clothing, you often feel embarrassed to browse in that section.
4. Because of the limited depth in the sizing chart of stores offering plus size apparel, you often end up spending a lot of time trying different items before either finding what you want or settling for something else that may not be fitting as nicely or be as comfortable as desired.
5. The fashion offered in plus sizes often seem fit for older women and ignore younger tastes and designers’ names are limited.
6. I often came to the negative conclusion that plus size clothing for women is usually more expensive than regular sizes.
7. The inventory and selections are often very limited, especially in a store offering only a section of plus size apparel compared to a boutique specializing in plus sizes.
8. The type of material use for plus size clothing for women is usually similar or identical to the material used in maternity clothes which is not always flattering or displaying high quality.
Advantages of shopping in person
Here are the kinds of advantages that someone can benefit from when shopping a local stores.
1. What you see is what you get!
2. You can try the clothes on before purchasing them.
3. You can own and wear your new clothing item right away.
4. You can choose a variety of types of payment.
5. You can get some advice either from a friend or a salesperson.
6. There are no extra charges for delivery.
Disadvantages of shopping online
Here are the kinds of disadvantages of shopping online.
1. What you see on a photographed model or in a picture may not look the same on you or when you receive it.
2. You better know your size as you are unable to try it on before purchasing it.
3. You have to wait for your plus size apparel to be delivered to wear it.
4. You only have one option concerning the type of payment…credit cards.
5. Advice may not be easy to give or receive as you are not trying on the outfit to make a decision about it.
6. Shipping and / or delivery represent extra costs on top of the price of the plus size clothing item purchased.
Advantages of shopping online
Here are the kinds of advantages of shopping online.
1. The quantity of online stores offering an inventory of plus size clothing for women is higher and they are usually located at your fingertips while shopping in the comfort of your own home.
2. When an online department store is offering a plus size clothing section, the sizes that are usually available have a lot of depth and the amount of clothes in each size is higher as well.
3. When you are shopping online that offers a plus size section amongst regular size clothing, you don’t feel embarrassed to browse in that section as nobody is staring at you.
4. Because of the sizing chart offered by online stores selling plus size apparel, you are able to either browse in your size if you know your measurements or use their measurement tips to enable you to take your own. This way, you can be sure that your clothes with fit you properly and that you will feel comfortable wearing them as well.
5. The fashion offered in plus sizes are made available in models that will satisfy women of any age range. Also, you can find a great variety of designers’ names as well.
6. No matter what size you may be looking for, sales and good prices are also part of the deal when shopping online.
7. The inventory and selections offered are excellent despite the fact if it is a store that offers a plus size section or if it is one specialized in plus size clothing for women.
8. The type of material use for plus size clothing for women is usually of higher quality which will look more flattering and pleasing to both the eye and the touch.
Now that you have read the advantages and disadvantages of both shopping in local stores and online, you can make a decision more easily as you are now aware of quite a few aspects of shopping for online plus size clothing for women. Now what will be your answer to the question: “Convenient or not?”
As a plus size woman myself, I wish to share with you the pros and cons of shopping in local stores versus online. If you wish to read more information concerning plus sizes, I invite you to visit our site: